Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who Am I

Want to hear the truth...
I don't think you'd understand my truth
I think you'll just see the surface and not below it, the depth of me
I'm not afraid of your judgments and labels
If i'm insane in your eyes then so be it, cause I'm used to what's inside
and we're only as sick as the secrets we hide
Welcome to my place, you'll find darkness at first
but stay awhile and you'll soon see the light
your eyes will adjust, if you don't run away first
'Feel your fear and do it anyway', step to me and embrace what I release to feed...
your mind
I'm a 27 year old body with a 500 year old soul
I've tasted my own doom and I've tasted my own salvation
I've cut here and sliced there, up and around, down and across
bare naked skin, I've felt the warmth and still crave that heat
every now and then
like a lover's sweet lips, missed
I've ran until I fell off the edge of the world and I kept running...
This is my journey, it's my story and yes it's about me...here and now!
I keep wanting life while inside I want the whisper of death's softness,
a peace you can't fake or buy on any street
God keeps me safe from the lure of a false want, this lie within
God keeps love strong in my mind and heart
when the tears I hold onto drown me,
everything I've seen and felt allows me to breathe, even when it seems to much
what has not killed me will and has made me stronger
I just tell it how it comes
I'm not afraid to say these are my thoughts, this is what's going on for me
I'm not afraid to say I'm scared and feeling down
I'm not afraid of knowing I could harm myself...
It is this truth that allows me not to!

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment