Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We're Through (The Wrath Is Back)

You don't want to know me

when I'm coming from this dark place,

when I'm in this head space,

the coldness of my heart shows

Every word I speak reflects the vemon

running through my veins

So I'm the sweetest so and so around am I?

So you believe you really know me?

Where were you when I walked the firey roads of hell alone

(You've not known me from birth),

So you're my friend are you?

Where are you these days then?

Our phone calls are getting less and less,

our time spent together has become non-existant

I'm the one who always phones, have you lost my digits

after all this time?

Friendship is a two way street

and I'm turning my back and walking away

from this dead end road.

I hope you hear these words,

I hope they sting like your silence

(feels like an open handed slap to the face)

Your praise of how far I've come

is getting like a tape, old

You deny the spite in the hardass

I came out the womb as,

you deny the hardass

cause you don't like

the truth I've been through or speak of

"That's in the past, you used that to grow"

The past made me this monster standing here now, raw

and my hate is more than just a passing phase

I won't forgive you tomorrow, I won't forgive you again

(and again, and again)

Oh I'm being oversensitive am I?

I hope your tears sting your skin

like these words tear strips from your heart...

We're over,

We're done,

No longer friends.

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment