Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Exposing

I'm laying bare my truths amongst these postings

tears forming poems like fingers dancing on the keyboard

I'm peeling away every layer of myself

exposing my emotions, feelings and thoughts

but do you hear anything of the spaces

between my words,

that elude and skim the edges of a reality

I've lived more than half my life?

No matter how hard you find digesting my words

I find it harder to carry them within and live with the after effects

your silence isn't golden, it's denial...

and that hurts and harms more than myself

If I open one set of eyes,

If I assist one 'child of sufference' to find their voice

and so speak out against the evils some monsters inflict on innocence

then my own experiences have not

been in vain

I will continue to write amongst your silence,

I will continue to feel what I do,

I will continue to not let the masses gag me,

I will continue to grow and overcome

the wrongs that have been done to me

I will not just fade away

or lay down and drown

in heavy held back tears (I'll cry freely if I need to)

nor will I

drown within a heavy heart.

I'll not let myself be a powerless victim,

my words shall be my jury granting me my freedom

and perhaps I shall release another from their darkened trap.

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment