Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wailing

I can't cry,

my tear ducts are blocked up by denial

I've got such a bad case of reflux

I'm choking on my heart

while it beats forcabliy in my throat

Stuff the butterflies in your stomach feelings,

I've got home made 'issue' bombs

the shock waves reverting all over my frayed nerves

My mind is a four lane super highway

in congested peak hour rush

while my hand is so tense it just grips the pen

until it snaps...

I'm hovering over a blank page

I wanna write what's going on,

I wanna talk it out

but my arms are aching, veins screaming

"CUT"

What the f**k am I saying?

Why do people disappoint me?

Why do good people get sick?

What did I do to deserve all this torment?

Why do people continue to drink alcohol to excess

when they know it's

only hurting them more...

not to mention me?

Don't bother answering

I know the f**king answers

I'm just to low to care

I'm in the mist of my own inner battles again

The noise inside my head

I'd perfer the wail of a banshee instead!

I'm not going to give you a guilt trip,

I'm not going to continue to seek attention

-I'll still be here tomorrow,

my veins won't burst if I leave my skin intact

and my racing mind will settle soon...

Just heed my warning

While I'm in this mood

"You may as well go pat a rabid pitbull"!

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment