Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hush Little Child

Forgive my silence (it maybe for awhile)
there's a storm brewing within my heart
and I'm just a loner standing on the shore
(wind blowing through me, not a stir but for the sand)
All these images for dramatic effect now,
to draw attention away from my falling tears
My mind is still in this moment
(hush child the pain has settled now)
yet the self reflection that is starting within
cripples and scares me, tonight
(mother where are you, please hold me tight)
I'm afraid to hear my real truth,
my truth learnt and held on to
about love and intimacy
Cause I know all the conflict and lies
(well maybe they're not lies...that's what I'm afraid of)
Hush little child I've not gone away
I'm standing by your side tonight
Forgive my silence (it maybe for awhile)
there's quiet reflection going on
deep inside a healing heart
tonight

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment