Monday, February 21, 2011

Made Man Or Mad Man

My struggles shouldn't be a vehicle for more sin
take a look in the mirror Mr Mainstream
screaming in the mic how the streets made you
how you done it tough, ran with the rough
sold drugs just to survive, ripped off your fellow man just to make some cash
I tell of my past indiscretions and the craziness inside my head
I speak with the intensity of the emotions raging through me, then and now
I don't need to talk up my crimes, or feed you lies
Take what you will from my words
either you'll judge and condemn me or listen to my wisdom
in between the conflict and insanity of the place I grew from (not in)
Don't bother trying to tell me how I'm just jealous of your money and fame
just ask yourself once
how many of your friends and fellow men from your area code
still live and die the same way you did?
Just what has your words changed man, besides making your lifestyle seem cool and right?
You say you're down with the Lord, you wear and bare a cross
for what?
Redemption comes not from mere words, empty 'forgive me Fathers'
but the lessons we learn from the mistakes we've made
the wrongs we try to right...
I'd rather sleep with my conscience at night, then the money you've made
yeah it'd buy me more comfort and luxury in this life
but at what price?

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment