Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What Would Tupac Say?


Tupac once sang "They win when your soul dies" in a song about gang rape,
he tried to picture what it'd be like "with 3-4 crazed niggers grabbing me"
well If he stood before me, I'd have to ask..
what would you think about it being 9 or 10?
What would you think about the stranger who, as i begged for his help
just stood aside laughing saying "nah I don't want apart of that"?
What would he think of the two cops in their car, who drove by two streets away, but never stopped?
What would he think if I told him, those 9 or 10 ran off when they saw the coppers,
leaving the stranger standing there looking at me,
and what would he say if when I softly cried instead of comforting me
he f***ing finished me off?
Some people wonder why I can't walk down a certain street anymore,
some even question why I suffer nightmares, flashbacks and panic attacks...
if only they knew, I'd lived with sexual abuse since I was 7 years old,
strangers, friends, friends of friends and even ex coppers too.
I may be strong as I stand here now, laying it all down for you
but there's still days when the old self harm scars scream "just cut here again"
and tears never cease to run...
If Tupac stood before me, would he still sing the same song?
And now you have heard me, would you forgive my expressed rage, every now and then?
And would you allow my tears if I was to cry, or be like most of the others I know,
wipe them dry or walk on by?

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment