Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lowering The Guard

I want to lower my guard, let you get inside my head
show you the whole other side of me, the one who won't bite and bark
Behind all the walls and hard masks, you'll find
a sweet soul who misses out on so much, much of the time
she is a play thing to my demons, and it pains my heart to know
but I can manage better if it's her inside then this part I show...
If you were to be a friend of mine, i'd be the best you'd have
for you i'd be loyal to, caring, kind and compassionate
I'd hear your concerns and listen when you talked, i'd give my shoulder for your tears
and never dismiss your fears
I'm the type of friend and lover who if you treat me right,
would lay down my life for you, would never cheat or mean to harm
See I'm not really this hard case I present, it's just a mask
I'm really quite a sensitive soul who loves
simple things, like the colors of a rainbow
and smiles that reach all the way to the heart
My only real annoying flaw is this side of me I'm not accustomed with,
you see my true nature is super sensitive and I'm very easily hurt
But the good points out way the bad in me, 100 fold
and if I only could lower the guard and let more people in
everyone would have a chance to experience
the real side of me.

freeflowpoet

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was going to turn into something a bit more .. murdery. :)

    I am so sweet etc etc .. but I will eat your soul!

    You might consider a different version of this. :-p

    ReplyDelete