Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3 little words

Don't fool yourself,
don't take my love so seriously
I'll be the one who leaves before
you can even prove those 3 little words
left around my lips and body
with your soft smooth touch,
"I love you" written on the mirror
left on the coffee table
kicked out the door before
the ink sets on my heart
with your echoing voice
Don't fool yourself,
don't think these tears are falling
cause I love you
I'm meaning every word
the acid sting of my coldness
is real
I can't love you cause I'll only hurt you
and you'll only end up hating me
so I'll hate you first,
so I'll hurt you before it's your turn
just to protect you, please understand...
This old heart rattles instead of beats
it shakes and creeks
and bleeds old blood from unhealable wounds
put there by shadows of 'man'
and actions of demons in my soul, plundering always
put there by my hard ass stance
to protect the grave site
of the innocence that once was
all the love I dreamed of giving to
someone like you
but that was many blue moons gone...
Those 3 little words are hollow from my lips,
hard to make the sound and expel from my mouth
but true within my heart, hidden from your view

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment