Tuesday, January 11, 2011

There's A Reason (No Gun)

There's A Reason (No Gun)

There's a reason why Gods' never let a gun cross my hands
Cause I'd do something that can't be undone
or would've done something unjust..even in an unjust world
for deep in my peaceful heart i don't believe
in an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth
I believe in a hope that lady justice
won't always be corrupt,
won't always get it wrong,
won't forever over look this 'mans' rights,
cause I've had no charges heard
that have been done to me,
cause I've not had my time in court
all the monsters and crims in my life walk free
while my trial continues
to run day by day
night by night
As the tears softly run down my face
the mind flashes what would be my outcome
if God did place a gun in my hands
and once the trigger clicks
there's no undoing the damage
One small entry hole, one exploded exit point
and forever these eyes would close
I'd fall down over and over
like a dream i couldn't
wake from
and I'd still bare the pain I wear now
yet over time I'd be forgotten
and my death would be in vain
So no gun will cross these hands
cause I'm meant to win these battles
meant to share my words
to show the other sufferers that despite their pain
we have beauty within,
we are worthy of better things
and this place is full of beautiful things
at present we mightn't see

No comments:

Post a Comment