Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Child (I Walk Alone)

Child (I Walk Alone)

Never thought you'd get blood from stone
Well child you've never seen this heart of mine
It beats like thunder, booming on your eardrums
There's passion like fire in my eyes,
There's need like a freight train running through
my veins,
There's tears flowing with every word I speak,
every word that passes through my teeth
Anger feeds the fuse within me
that's why you find these arms empty,
I walk this world alone
So not to break your loving heart,
So not to hurt my head anymore
Love is a stranger to my name
hate the food I feast upon
and drink but never get quenched
of thirst on
Pain is your enemy, while it's all I've come to know
I walk alone
I walk alone
I'm untamed guilt and shame,
an imprint of human sin
nothing but a stain upon shattered innocence,
I'll never be (a child again)

No comments:

Post a Comment