Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Love

Love

Taking me back, I know I shouldn't linger here anymore
but it feels so good (even as the tears fall)
 it was my last embrace of you
I remember your strong arms, naked skin touching mine
your sweet cologne
What was so wrong about last night?
I'm so sorry I couldn't stay with you,
where ever you are
I hope I haven't scarred you, hope you've moved on
while hoping you've held on to a memory of me, of what we had
what we shared, what you showed me...
Love exists within my betrayed heart
my virgin soul, innocence stripped 
you my savior
taught me not just kisses and sex
substances and dollar bills
submission and control
you my savior
taught me trust and passion
feelings and emotion held within eyes and arms
you taught me how to be myself while with another
you taught me
love

3 comments:

  1. Look forward, our darling daughter, never backward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty poem Ketura; I like it. :)

    I wonder what you mean by:
    my virgin soul, innocence stripped
    you my savior

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked it Rob,
    In reference to what those lines mean to me, it was my way of admitting here I stood before not just a customer or a fling, but a lover (a partner) and I was trusting with all my walls down.
    A women experiencing true love, my savior cause he showed me that true love is beautiful and real - he let me experience that

    ReplyDelete