Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Only Human

Only Human

You all think I'm so strong cause of where I am right now
because I've come back from being at rock bottom so many times
because I'm trying to redeem my soul by reaching out to others,
cause I'm trying so hard to be a better person inside and out
What did I do so wrong, that I've suffered like I have?
It's OK for you to stand there and say it's all over, that it's in the past now
but what about the scars I wear down my arms, no one can remove them
(no matter how faded they've become over time, I still see them)
but what about the things you can't see or fix
(the self hatred deep inside, the disbelief of love for another, for me)
but what about the tears that never fall, or you don't see
(cause you've told me so many times how proud you are, that I feel weak showing you I still hurt)
I can't lie, I don't regret where life has taken me
but its been such a hard road, to walk
Forgive me
when I turn away, go silent
allow me this minute to grieve, please?
So many goals and dreams shattered
I even sunk so low that I would stick several needles up my veins each day, just to
aww fuck it, it didn't numb anything
or take anything away...
death couldn't touch me, once twice three times
(more)
I'm only human and yeah I've dealt with so much
but it's still a stain in my book, upon my heart
and it still hurts some days

No comments:

Post a Comment