Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In To Deep

In To Deep

I threw out the rope for you to grasp
you just slapped me across the face
spat upon everything we had
and then threw away your dreams and happiness
You can't blame anyone but yourself
I say this as a mate speaking truth...
and you know it as well
I've been the violence you're buying
to 'protect' the image of what you think is being a man
but your anger at simple words spoken by a substance
is your only justification
What are you trying to prove?
What are you running from?
Do you even know what you're wanting these days?
Is the thirst and crave really stronger than the treasures you've carved in this life for yourself,
that you'd give it all away
as if love and security,
happiness and serenity,
sanity and calm
meant nothing to you now?
I'm a friend and I promised to never turn my back
on you
but no one can talk sense with you
when you're not you anymore,
when you give your soul to poisonous substances
to hide falsely behind...
false pride,
false self righteousness,
false self confidence
and only misery, repeating day in day out
Is this really what YOU want to CHOOSE? 

No comments:

Post a Comment