Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Journey of the Soul

Journey of the Soul 

I thought the battles were over,
I really thought I'd won
Many an unholy beast have I slain in my quest
I've marched on and on across battlefields
I've earnt every kink in my armour, every scar I bare
and yet I cannot bare the blood on my hands
no matter how many times I pray
I know it's my nature to be a sinner
all cause I was born of flesh and bone,
all cause I was born a 'man'
These demons I'm continually plauged with
for every two steps forward, I feel there is one backwards to
I'm tired from my burden
but there's no tears left in my once innocent eyes
I've seen to much of mans' destruction,
felt to much hatred instead of love
learnt so young the lessons of fighting 'men'
(if that is what you can call them)
My trust is tainted,
but I must still believe it exists
My idea of love shattered,
but still I piece together my heart and hope...
one day it'll feel true love and know it's for real
again
I'm not perfect, but I do intend being
the best I can be
I extend you an invite,
I'm on a journey of the soul
there will be no material treasures
but there will be riches beyond your wildest 
dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment