Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Conversation to God

Down on bent knees, hear my prayers Lord
Why are babies born, only to get sick, only to die?
Why are young children filling our hospitals, their little bodies fighting Cancers or diseases?
Why are young children born, only to be neglected or abused?
Why do young ones, boys and girls alike, get raped and sometimes killed?
Why do people fall out of love, only to use their own children as pawns?
Why is there so much injustice and pain, in such a beautiful world?
God, why don't more people see you before they sin?
Why do some abuse, rape, murder and lie for greed?
Why do people hide behind your name and defile trust in you?
Take life in the name of religion and take their own lives...
Surely if God is love and pure, 'He' would not ask such things
why is the Devil able to distort your word and a 'mans' mind and heart
Why is innocence lost so easily when children mature into adults?
I'm sorry for the times I strayed from your gaze and love,
I'm sorry for the times I still do bend your guide...
I know you forgive me cause I trust your word, spoken directly to my soul
I know you don't blame me for the wrongs done to me
Why can't man see the evil 'they know not what they do', when in fact many do know
I pray for no more suffering, injustice and pain...
can't you take back the free will you gave,
can't you open mans' eyes and let them see the beauty that exists,
can't we live in peace with no harm to our neighbors
Lord I pray...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment