Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Trauma

The metal is part of me, it's like I'm impaled
my skin, every fibre in me
is a crumpled, crushed chunk
I cannot breathe, nor can I bloody move
I have no movement, my limbs just don't respond
I ache, my mental anguish now takes on a physical hurt
My own chest is being crushed, I'm pinned down
by a fastened seatbelt, that isn't real
My mind screams "pull it together, you know this is not reality"
But I cannot, for I am a solid mass...I am the car I was trapped in
2 and a half years past
This is terrifying, I can't breathe on my own
I feel the machines doing that for me, I feel the tube down my throat
my jaw and teeth ache, and I can't pull it out
yet there is nothing there now
I can hear the calming voice, trying to bring me out of this meltdown
yet I sense the blackness of death...or unconsciousness maybe
and it is so enticing and peaceful
I see two glowing orbs of light, is it the hospital lights in the operating room...
or is it something other worldly
is this a memory of the drugs wearing off and being feed into me, while I was under?
I don't know but part of me wanted to stay there...and not breathe any longer
then it faded away and I struggle to draw in and push air out
I'm drowning in never ending tears and mucus
I just want them to stop, I want this to stop
And to those who speed, get impatient or hoon around on the roads
I bet will never see these words or dismiss them with an attitude of "it'll never happen to me"
I just made one mistake, one split second over correction
and the injuries and scars I can never undo
But the flashbacks and panic attacks
pull me back
and my face slams into the airbag over and over again, every time I close my eyes
I hear the impact of metal and concrete meeting each other, a huge slamming explosion
I feel like my stomach is metal
fuck, it hurts to breathe
I want people to stop trying to be helpful, "if you wanna talk call"
I don't wanna remember or relive it
but I can't shut it out
I feel like I'm losing my grip...but it's just normal with trauma
...
more fucking trauma


freeflowpoet

2 comments:

  1. Awful to imagine, I know you can't shut it out and as much as you want it to go away, I know you can't shut it out. I will be with you in silence if you want it, but if you wanna talk, call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't talk, I couldn't breathe and still everything aches from the pressure and weight. Even rereading this I feel and sense it flooding back and my body and mind trying to starve it off - an image of me unable to move or leave this public place I'm in right now frightens me...I need to leave this page, this memory etched in cyberspace NOW.

    ReplyDelete