Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stress, a cause for everything

Nights come without knowledge of sleep
leaving me with a temper ready to explode anytime
they say, all the doctors and wannabes that it's stress
I say it's memories of a past, like ghosts in my face
Tears fall, I'd rather be in silence to cry
I feel like breaking down right here, right now
not caring about the label of a whinging child
when you cry real tears, which come with my emotions
Please don't tell me I need not feel shame or guilt
because deep down I do, inside I feel stripped
ripped off of a child's world, cheated
Afraid to repeat, afraid of these visions that come
dealing by hiding doesn't work with time anymore
Tears fall when I'm reminded, it happens, the reminders
the feelings of helplessness, a lonely betrayal
no one but I sees the hauntings of my heart and head
The soul letting go, I didn't know how good it feels
to release the trapped tears I just hold back
I just can't feel comfortable with eyes that see them
falling
Feelings of a black hole sucking me in, void and scared
of a past I can't erase, encase me
My tears remove my barriers and I feel defenseless,
naked with my shields removed
feeling like that child/youth
I sense for some reason is to blame,
you keep telling me I'm not but the feelings still remain.
Anger mixed with a passion to allow myself the right
not to be afraid of darkness or closeness,
a door that shuts me off, out of your world -
taking me to a self made space of aloneness
no one reaching this place, to hear me in silence...
Why does it have to be that people pull you back
I want to lay these images, experiences,
this painful memory to rest
I want to hide myself cause the undead keep
coming home within
The pit of hell, the abyss I felt trapped in growing up
may have changed over the years
though the walls still feel unclimbable, inescapable
even though I know I'll find a way as I did yesterday
A battle with the devil in my face, as he was in the past
but it's some kind of test I guess, cause I've got no weapons
except strength, courage and will to look him straight in the eyes
Without the weapons of distortion I found to numb
the actions of all who harmed me
Guilt in a sense that I was there, I should've been within the place, safe
Then I wake to realize I knew of no such place,
even when alone
(and now my tears fall)

freeflowpoet 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment