Friday, March 23, 2012

(Even my lover was) Raped

I close my eyes, remember the taste of your skin
as I laid kisses across your chest, up the side of your neck
I recall how you would smile seductively, when I gave a tiny playful pull
to your nipple ring
I recall all the nights, your words would make my heart flutter
there was no stuttering when I spoke loving talk...
It was such a long fall, slow motion it plays in my head
Oh how I wish I could pull you back, hold you in another embrace
just one more minute, one more time
I close my eyes, remember the very first tear
you caused to fall from the very depths of my heart
I hear it crack, over and over again
I reach out, try to tell you one more time "I'm sorry"
but nothing comes out, cause your fingers touch my lips
I want to stop both our tears from falling, I want to stop you from walking out
on us...
you're just a fading memory, a lesson of love from a gentleman
A part time soul mate, tendered only for loan
Oh how I miss you in my life, oh how I wish to bring you out of my mind
hold you once again
but, for some reason we weren't meant to be
I had to let you leave
and still those tears feel so fresh, still so real
You were another loss, another stolen piece of my happiness
ripped away by monsters, thieves of innocence
their hands once all over my body, now all over my senses
I still hear you whispering my name
I still feel your body hugging mine, you protecting my corpse...
once more they ripped my ability to trust in love
away
I let the picture fade, one last salty kiss for you
Goodbye


freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment