Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Torn

In a room with no doors in sight, i'm trapped
running from my fears, terrifying fears
slamming into walls without meaning to
this long narrow corridor of haunting terror closes in
suffocating the little air I have left in these panicking eyes
sweat dripping off my wracked body of pain
cramps got me up screaming in vane
vomit comes and goes again inside a stripped throat
I know where I am, but am I really there?
Wanting to imitate a death much deeper than sleep
a lot less than the act of death itself
So much sweat it masks all my tears
tears of need, a need so powerful it chokes me
tears of confusion, frustration and anger
I want to lose these chains of dreams that aren't
for I'm awake...
awake every fu**ing night
like a sink full of ice water I plunge face down
darkness reminds me of death embracing me
smothering the child that tries to escape
visions of pleasure when I know what's behind
the trick the devil pulls on my weakened state
The joker laughs in my face
I'm getting hostile towards those I love and those I hate
I'm getting scared facing the night alone like this
I'm admitting I'm scared of hurting a child that reminds me of myself...
it's me I'm afraid of hurting

freeflowpoet 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment