Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Negativity

I know I'm a drifter at heart
to afraid of staying in one place to long
to afraid of listening to new songs
I know only of yesterday and plans for today
tomorrow's to far away to think about
I've got a lot of things that could change plans made
at the snap of a finger click
Mostly it's the way I feel, I enjoy my time alone
a comfort space zone, ten miles square
It's not so easy to get hurt on your own or have others on your back
about issues you've been silent on for so long
Less people to hurt on your own. when you know a choice made
is a choice that affects everyone who says they love and care
Less people to make pressure when you're in the middle of
a moral/ethic fight within
that carries guilt and shame before the choice is or maybe made.
Maybe tomorrow I'll be somewhere else, maybe I already there
maybe I'll just stay a little longer, maybe right now I just don't care
I feel I'm a dreamer, doomed to never hold a secure dream
commitment scares me to much and a contract can be broken
who cares when you've already tasted loss?
And success comes to a stop soon after it begins
Negativity has its rewards as well as its downfalls
what a shame I think this way - a shame to who? You?
This is about my choices, my games, my wins,
my whims.

freeflowpoet 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment