Monday, February 13, 2012

Though these fingers

Come cheer me up, bring back the smile upon my face
don't you see it's just make believe
You're just so used to the lies, you only wanna hear my positive psycho babble
but you don't see my head hung low
or me watching everything slip through my fingers
Why would anyone care if I did turn away?
Why would it surprise you, if I did just chuck it all in?
This is not just a complaint about a bad day...
I'm feeling the noose tighten
I'm losing time...
I see it all slip, slip through
these tired hands
And I still hear you telling me "it'll be alright"
though I don't see it being OK
tonight
One slit, drip
drip
drip...
Why amI still awake?
Why am I still feeling everything today?
I guess reality doesn't work either...
just like all the other shit I've tried



freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment