Saturday, February 11, 2012

Don't question, just look into these eyes

Would you mind if I caught your tears before they fell from your sweet eyes,
just held them in suspended animation for awhile?
I hear your fears for me, I hear you question why I keep getting up
each time I'm knocked down
believe me it gets hard to find the strength to go on somedays
yet I do cause I have found treasure that makes me so rich within
Each time I've been knocked down
It has been the richness I found within myself...
that flowed from the love you showed me
when you welcomed me home after I rebelled,
even after all I had done and said
you who gave me life, who gave me a heart to love with
and the strength to never give up when the chips fell short
It's in your eyes that I find the silent words that allow me to go on
You give me the grace to trust in my own higher power, to trust my feet will find
the right path I need to be on
Please don't shed tears over me while I still draw breath
cause having my family is the strength and richness that spurs my journey
on

2012 - for the family I love, who love me for who I am

freeflowpoet

1 comment:

  1. That was more positive. I liked it. :)

    Still, where's the fluffy bunnies? :D

    ReplyDelete