Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fluffy bunnies

When you see me for the first time
how will you choose to actually see me? Will you believe the automatic preception
or will you man up and try scaling my walls?
When you try, I swear you'll find a maze of darkness
a tunnel so long you'll lose sight of everything you came believing in
and at the center there'll be a final test...will you break through my graphite core
or will you run screaming how insane I am?
For those who stay, for those who see the cracks and hold their ground
I promise to be someone soft yet true to who I am
so harsh yet loving when we don't see eye to eye
I promise to listen and be the first to admit when I'm wrong
I have a heart, I am just human despite the battle scars and acid words
I'm consumed by fear...aren't most of us?
I'm not quite fluffy bunnies and chocolate...just yet
But you just may find that someday

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment