Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pink Ribbon

Alone, left to listen to my own thoughts
I'm overwhelmed by the evil man, like myself
are truly capable of
I feel this demon inside me
tearing, ripping, beating, shredding
purity, innocence, compassion and empathy
I hear the hiss in my own hidden voice, condemning me
pure hatred for what it labels weakness, softness
mockingly taunting myself, reigning over screaming over and over
"do you like being walked over, does it feel good to be trampled upon, you LOVE getting screwed over little one, huh YOU must for you keep believing you really make a difference, they really care what you do
You disgust me!"
Voices become images, so real
I feel like I'm being consumed from within
My mind so scattered I can't recall the prayers for God to grant me serenity
I try to find my voice, I stutter through the verses
knowing it's wrong, but still trying never the less...
Yes I believe,
man may claw compassion and empathy from their consciences and hearts
but there does exist goodness in some
and come morning, when the torture's done
I will bare pink ribbon as sutures
holding my compassion and empathy together
firm and strong

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment