Saturday, May 14, 2011

Flipping The Bird

*EXPLICIT CONTENT*

I can picture tears running down a faceless God
as I turn away
I can even hear my inner child mutter in fear
as I storm off
"you know this is exactly what the devil wants"
Why should I care anymore?
My suffering came about because I believe
in stupid ideals,
but watch this (flipping you the bird)
Preach salvation to the gullible, while selling compassion
to those who can't afford it anyway,
walk all over those under your feet/crack the whip to the slaves you own
Speak to me like you really give a damn
shovel shit in my grave before I'm even laying in there
tell me how I'm appreciated, you're really the only one who believes the BS (from your mouth)
Why didn't I feel my bones cracking
as your iron will
wrapped around my contorted body,
as you twisted and bled me dry?
Why did I keep swallowing the
caustic soda cut pills you pump out
to the masses, to whoever listens to the published PR spin?
My past taught me how fucked up man can be,
now today you've just reinforced that truth
(flipping YOU the bird)
Don't expect trust or loyalty from me no more
the only one losing out here
is you
(am I still valuable in your eyes now, or was that just another rehearsed line?)

freeflowpoet


No comments:

Post a Comment