Monday, May 30, 2011

Humanity

Keep whipping me, with each lash I'm dying a little more inside
but I'll grit my teeth and take it like a 'man'
I feel my faith in humanity wearing thin
things like empathy, compassion, truth, honor, justice and love
are getting lost amongst
things like greed, self preservation, hate, lies and dollar signs
I'm not sure which is the voice of reason anymore
part of me inside
screams
"give up, just walk away, you're wasting your time trying to fight a losing battle for humanity"
while I'm crying out
"I'm not forgetting all those who fought to teach me these values, I can't let machinery of 'progression' overwhelm and beat us all"
I will take the punishment for the greater good
I'm not God, but I'm a believer in redemption
and a product of greed and sin
just looking for someone to cleanse my slate, just waiting for my skin to fall away
and my angels' wings to spread

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment