Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best I Can

Veins twist around muscle and bone, snake through me
my head connected to this thumping heart
one, two
one, two, one
one, two...
In my ears I hear each beat, it sounds like the bass in my stereo
I feel the demon stalking in the darkness of my mind
cause that is where I've wandered tonight
I face the world determined to be the mask of a strong women
...but I crumble with fear
I watch the mask drop from my hand, smash on the floor
backed into a corner is how this feels
I struggle just to get one breath into my lungs
My legs run, I've lost control...
but really this is not my weakness, this honesty is my strength
I may have looked as if I was returning to old behaviors
and isolating
but these words prove it's not my will I'm acting from
cause if I was...we all know where this would end
yet I'm still free
and my fears drive me to face the demon within
while you may judge the way I handle my reactions to life on life's terms...
I'm gonna keep on living and doing the best I can


freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment