Saturday, September 1, 2018

Destruction

Why are humans so hell bent on ripping each other apart,
Why must being right, go before understanding or compassion,
I’m getting tired of all the trials, all the ‘it happened for a reasons’, all the lessons I needed to learn, all the betrayals and keeping other people’s secrets (this script is on fucking loop)
I thought I’d laid all the skeletons in my closet bare, thought I’d liberated her,
though it seems they’ve all become...
ghosts
And I’m suffocating from the hands over my mouth (shh, this is our secret, this is yours and for the other innocents left behind)
Silence is not golden, silence is not silver grey
it’s a tear my heart out, through my breast plate shock
it’s a nuclear cloud scream, no one hears you scream when you vaporise into ash and dust
I shake violently as my humanity reanimates,
only to explode in my face, over and over
Such is this dance of get torn down, get back up and rebuild...
survive, thrive (rinse, wash, repeat x2)


freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment