Thursday, July 26, 2018

Trash/Treasure

Pausing before my fingers dance across the keyboard,
It's actually really nice,
I'm hearing the lines I wanna say about who I once was...and I can't
I just can't allow myself to trash talk my essence,
I'm not who, in circumstances, I had to become
I am who I choose to be and become
I choose to honour my past, by unwrapping the present/a gift
You, my audience, cannot see my smile
I love, this love I have for ME
I love, who I have in my life
those who positively challenge and encourage me, not tear me down...or apart
I'm in awe of my little girl's (inner child) resilience
I'm in awe of her (my own) faith and hope
I'm grateful she is who she is (me)
I'm grateful for being teachable, for thirst
I'm just thankful...and so much more


freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment