Sunday, April 24, 2011

Stigma

I don't fit any category you try to place me in
I have never found the one place I truly belong
but hey I'm OK with that,
I love challenging stereotypes and people's comfort zones,
mixing things up and crossing things over
I love soft melodies to hard metal and rap
I love strolling along the beach and crowd surfing in a mosh pit
I love romantic dinners in candle lights and sweet scented soaks in the bath
I love turning my music up loud and playing video games for hours on end
I even love snuggling wrapped in a lovers arms
or sneaking out before I get caught doing a 'walk of shame' the next morning!
Hell, I'm just human
I don't fit your idea of a women, but I assure you I am
I don't fit your idea of a straight women, but I don't care
cause it's none of your business anyway
I speak what's on my mind, while speaking from the heart as well
I am not a label nor will I wear one
If I offend you or scare you with my thoughts and experiences
I'm not sorry
it's just how I reflect and grow

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment