Sunday, May 28, 2017

Unzipped

I'll unzip my skin and show you the bones that make up my skeletons within,
I don't forget the sins I've committed, I know I once justified every single one of them
I don't forget the things done to me, nor do I waste time forgiving those who don't see the wrong in how they abuse kids or traded my innocence trying to protect others...
I don't hate anyone of them, it's their behaviours and attitudes I dislike
I pray they all have their eyes opened and they find some happiness and peace, mercy and compassion,
despite my humanness screaming castrate em all and let em drown in their own misery, none of em deserve mercy or second chances...but that's a reaction of a scarred mind, not of a changed heart..
I was given a second chance, over and over again
and when I did change, the ones who wanted me to change fell off or tried to drag me back to that darkness of hell,
So I walked away for the sake of my own survival and so I didn't corrupt my heart again, trying to rescue and save others...that ain't my place, I get that now, I understand it now...I'm the only one I can save and change
those attitudes and behaviours aren't acceptable when I accepted them aimed at me, nor are they acceptable for me to just brush aside, when dumped upon others...
that's just not acceptable, full stop (thank you for showing me another way, how to love another, how to love myself...that it's ok to walk away)

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment