Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Tough Enough


I was never meant to hurt another
I was an old soul in a squishy fat body, I never felt comfortable in
I took the verbal and physical abuse cause standing up for myself only brought more tormenting
Then one day, it happened...
that innocent child was gagged & bound, kidnapped and buried deep inside a callous heart (veins coursing with fiery rage and silent pain) to die or be forgotten about
In her place, rose a deaf and mute contorted mesh of man's sin...a nameless monster,
all consuming
I said I'd never hurt those I cared about
that promise was broken many times (like my essence)
And the roads I staggered down turned red
blood on my mind, blood on my hands
I was never meant to hurt anyone, 
I was never meant to be so hateful to myself either, yet I did & was...
Fast forward 
I've got my inner child back & have breathed life back into her heart
We are not what happened or what I did to survive
I am that gentle old soul in my own skin (where most days now, I'm comfortable in)

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment