Sunday, May 20, 2012

Words Left Unsaid

I know one day I'll have to face it
that you, my loved one
will be gone from this place
that day will be the saddest
like no other sad day
cause you're not a loved one
if you don't mean something special
to the one who professes it
But that is for another poem
this is about
how special and dear
you are to me
I used to think my greatest fear
was the wrath I know
simmers inside me
yet in a moment of life reflection
(thinking of what you mean to me)
I saw, I think for the first time
my true fear is not anger
it is love...
I worry about you not being around
I feel deep pain, in those memories
(we know those times)
I cannot stand to think...
I'm sorry for any hurt or pain
I have or even...will, may or may not
cause you
'I love you' sounds so corny
when coming from
one's truth
How can I protect you?
(I know it's not my job)
How many tears will I shed
when goodbye must be said?
I don't know angel
I just know I will always love you

No comments:

Post a Comment