Sunday, May 20, 2012

One Hand, Two Sides

Somedays I struggle to believe I'm here
cause I can recall days when
everything I see
is empty, too dark
I've poured out my humanity
on sheets of littered paper
way before I could even read
or name the things I felt
name the things I saw
like a flashback of my sins
I see the glint of the knives
flung free in frenzy rage
held against the threats...
I see the red blood run
over my bare fists
and out from the face
I said I loved, I shared kisses
from those ghosts who tried to steal
not from my pockets
but from...well we all know
how this sentence ends
I've forgotten how refreshing it is
to repent, to cry real tears
I've forgotten how it feels
to be a girl
buried under all the stress
life on life's terms...all the dirt
I see all the empty bottles
dirty bongs and discarded
needles
While within I'm burning alive
in the beauty of another second
chance
And here I stand, full of life

No comments:

Post a Comment