Friday, March 11, 2011

Poisoning me

Resentment is poison to my soul
but you feed me poison
for breakfast, lunch and tea
then stand there watching me spewing sickness
innocent like an angel...
it's never anything you do
it's never your fault
always something I've done
I'm always the one who pushed you over the edge
sinister like a devil...
I let it slide
I hand it over
I take the blame, like a bullet to my heart
let it fester until I nearly explode wrath
but forgiveness is mine to administer
and while you refuse to accept responsibility
I'll work twice as hard to purge this poison
from my soul

2 comments:

  1. but you feed me poison
    for breakfast, lunch and tea


    Please come over to my house. I will feed you weet bix, sandwiches and lasagna for breakfast, lunch and tea respectively. No poison, promise.

    I think that people in general cannot help but absorb emotion from the people who surround them. We tell ourselves that we shouldn't, or that it makes no difference - but it does indeed. We are fluid, ever changing, if only changed by time and the things we flow around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can choose not to take on board other peoples' emotions/stuff, but it drains you when it is constant or often enough.
    What makes it harder is when you feel you can't express your own inner turmoil and emotion...when people are so self absorbed that they don't acknowledge that those around them have feelings and need to be heard as well.
    I know myself well enough to say when I stop listening to my heart and spend to long just listening to my head, I can become a hurtful, hateful, bitter, evil monster and I lose sight of love and I don't think before I unload - and once you say something in anger that hurts, it's said and no matter how many times you apologize you have to admit and own in truth - what you spewed is what you felt and that makes it if not wholly, partly truthful.

    ReplyDelete