Thursday, August 10, 2017

*trigger warning* Drowning in Shame...

Memories in the form of demons
crawling from the dark depths of the pit
of my stomach, churning 
Invisible tears fall from my eyes, while the smile sits there, upon my lips
Stigma silences my voice like duct tape slapped over my mouth
snaking around my throat and my heart
Innocence imploding, ripples assaulting me like I was reliving everything, once more
Fighting myself, in two minds
freeflow vs shame (shame's winning)
I'm comfortable with my sexuality
I'm even comfortable with you assuming I'm gay... but I'm not comfortable when that's disrespected and my dignity is disregarded 
Like it has been, more than once in my life
and I've been triggered lately
memories like demons back...
drowning here in shame, I know you hear what this is about,
though I'm still drowning in shame...alone

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment