Saturday, July 22, 2017

Vulnerabilities

Shove my expression back into the dark recesses of my dungeon, where my memories stain the walls of the rough years
Into the abyss where demons came to torment the child you threw into hell, expecting me to burn, to die a living death
Were you suprised when bones started piling up in your pristine, white picketed fenced yard...
Were you afraid of what prying eyes would say about the blood splatter I sprayed all over your first prize rose bushes & perfect little house, as I slaughtered every demon sent my way?
Did I shock you when I climbed out the crevice in the cracked concrete
that formed after I rumbled with the devil...
and won?
Who am I referring to in my narrative, in this script, ooh yeah, it'll satisfy your crave for gossip if I named the links of my shackles,
wouldn't it?
Maybe it's a she, maybe a he, maybe an institution, maybe a flawed system of a decaying society, maybe it's myself,
maybe it's you
Take your tissues and just leave em there on the table, I'll take one when I'm ready
Not just cause you're uncomfortable with my vulnerabilities and raw emotions 
stop trying to fix me, I'm not broken
(a little chipped and scarred)
I don't need rescuing, I'm already in a better place
My past doesn't define me, yeah it has shaped some of my quirks and defective coping mechanisms...
but I am the warrior I am
I am happier with who that is
for today

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment