Monday, August 15, 2016

The turn around

Despite today being one where behind closed doors
I cry,
My emotions heightened and raw;
tears won't stop falling and yet I can't stay annoyed, sad, hurt, betrayed...just irritated 
by self righteous hypocrites & better than you attitudes (🖕go fuck yourself)
I'm proud of the path I'm on
made so many changes (still a work in progress, that's ok man)
Some of these tears are of pride, so much shit waded through...and I love who I'm evolving into (despite the mistakes I make along way, shows I'm human after all)...never claimed to be perfect son
Thankful for people in my life
who let me go, because of my own toxicity 
but who never gave up on me, who were there when this caterpillar broke out the dried out shell (cocoon)
who taught & showed me unconditional love,
that tears were nothing to be afraid to show
vulnerability- a beautiful thing, not a weakness
Just in this moment I'm emotional 
but feeling so ok...
how can I be swimming in shit,
I look down and have two pairs of adoring puppy eyes, staring up at me
climbing over each other, to cuddle into me
I'm not afraid to be so sensitive today...
for this, is my reality
(Right here, right now)

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment