Monday, February 22, 2016

Metaphoric knife...

Metaphoric knife...

A storm sweeps through my mind
deafening me, devil trying to distract 
drag me from the garden of serenity I've found
Inside there's a thousand words whirling, high speed
words if you could hear, would cut your blissful perception of memories to shreds
they be the metaphoric knife I would plunge through your heart...
hear the fabric of illusion tear, like my innocence did
I cannot do it, I cannot be so hateful
I see I'm not the victim anymore
I see you haven't walked away scar free
yeah, I see how much you've been harmed
in other ways...
everyone's gone, you're pretty much alone
and while you're continually cleaning up the shit storm of chaos, I see nothing has changed, despite time slipped by 
while so much has changed in my life
I see clearly now, you can't give me the closure I seek (that's between God & me)

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment