Wednesday, February 7, 2018

As a women

Tell me I know nothing of violence or loss,
Tell me my call for equality, not segration of victimised people wrong...even distasteful 
I dare you to fucken stand a moment, not in my shoes, but my fucken fractured soul...
I dare you to fucken hold these overwhelming emotions that flow from a hurting heart & numb mind
I dare you to tell me again
how I know nothing of violence or loss
I spent years living through all kinds of sexual abuse, assaults, attempted and successful gang and single rapes,
then years trying to rise above my mistrust of both women and men (& myself)
From a rape at just 15, I got pregnant 
only to miscarry, my heart was so fucken hard
it never fazed me, I just used a bit harder to kill any kind of conscience or feeling
I thought after all the work on this chronic trauma
That maybe, just maybe there'd come a day where I chose if I wanted a child...
despite being told it was most unlikely due to the internal damage I carry as an unseen scar of the terror I survived (more than once)
Today it was reinforced, that's highly unlikely 
I'm in that grief, anger, betrayal, unjust, saddness
Go on I fucken dare you to tell me I know nothing of violence and loss!
I'm fucking grieving 
As a women, I should have choice in such matters
As a women, I feel gutted from the inside out...
I don't feel complete, as a women
I'm raw and vulnerable, feel as if I was inside out and torn apart, all over again
I'm still paying for some persons/people's sick 'pleasure'
I don't get to fucken choose,
Now go on, I fucken dare you
tell me I know nothing of violence, trauma, grief and loss...



freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment