Sunday, April 1, 2012

Amends

I look into the eyes of my past
and all I see is wrath
One by one the tears roll
fresh
down my cheeks
I was not a babe in mother's arms
when my purity left, walked out
died...
ashes blowing in the winds
I was just a lonely child
afraid
and hate and harm surrounded
stripping the young flesh
from my bones
Then when I awoke I was
no color, no sex
just another lost soul
falling through crack
after crack
Oh God how can I undo all I've done?
Who will undo all that was done to me?
I used to say my wrath was justified
but who was I
to pass on all my blind lessons
to those I filled with hate
veiled to look like love
sold as loyalty
I didn't even believe in
Oh God in this reflection
I see all the evil
reaching out from within me
I can only tell those I touched
I'm sorry...
I made 101 mistakes,
had I not I would never of
learnt the lessons I know
of now
forgive me for not seeing
the corruption doing full circles
Believe me when I say
I love you sweetness
trust me when I say
don't follow the footsteps I leave
(not those I've left)
I see the pain
looking out my own eyes
Sweetness - I do understand
your silence
Open your mouth and speak your anger...
I know I deserve it...child


freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment