Monday, December 12, 2011

Out Here

For roughly nine months before I came into this world
I heard the softest voice around me
telling me all about this thing called love
and I believed everything I heard
Like an addict to a drug
I craved it
and believe me...
It's everything and more - in all it's forms
I may have once fought those who raised me, I may even today
raise my voice
I may have pushed away anyone who professed to care about me, yeah I may still act hard today
I may have been to bed with many men, just trying to reign in some kind of control
over those who tried to tasted the lust they saw in this body...
sorry I sinned Lord, will you forgive me - even if I won't forgive myself?
I may have tasted love from the one I felt was my prince
his voice calmed every fear and he melted more than the ice around my heart
whenever I laid in his arms
I crave that love, but I now understand its value
I understand why it's held in such high regard
and, oh God thank you
for my family and my friends
Oh and thank you for letting me experience the fruit of Eden
though like the addict I am...
I will search til my last breath passes my lips
for another taste of that fruit
I still know my Mother always spoke the truth
there's every kind of love and respect
out here

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment