Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Unpacked

Like the Russian dolls
I'm standing outside myself looking inwards
dissecting the layers of each mask I wear
for each personality I own
for each circumstance or situation I encounter
or person I deal with
I reach the second last layer and come across a dirty big chunk of granite rock
and I can feel the sheer overpowering pounding of
naked raw vulnerability of innocence
I'm knocked back by the power, overwhelmed by emotions and feelings of inadequacy
warnings pound in my head
I feel great pain, shame, guilt, wrath, injustice...
undeserving of the pure innocence I feel, I picture on the other side of this encasing before me
for the first time in my life
I know who stops me getting close to this treasure
within me
for the first time in my life
I can name the booming voice that shoves me away
whenever I try approaching...
it is me

freeflowpoet

No comments:

Post a Comment