Friday, May 6, 2022

Aftertaste, it is bitter (maybe it’s not)

 I lost me in the space between

give and take

I feel the waves radiating over me,

atoms separating physical from 
mental form
I’ve lost myself, can’t feel identity…
or anything
Am I even a living being?
Fractured and afraid, fractured and unafraid 
This distorted place, she is me
no, she is not
time is an illusion, 
I am not the beginning, nor am I the end…
Spinning within, warmth is coldness’s best friend
numbness again, I don’t feel a thing
yet, I know everything about me…
or whoever this is
Peel it away, strip it down, dumb the senses and call it medicine 
rate it 5/10, that’s 11/10 for those who’ve never felt 
heatwaves from concrete, metal & bone imploding, wrapping 
Survival is a better outcome then death
but it still comes at a cost
At the crossroads I turned down a deal…still tongue kissed the devil
while denying him
It’s ok, I’m back again
my identity never left
I never left

freeflowpoet 

No comments:

Post a Comment